All committee chairs prepare budgets and request funds from the PTA Board annually and attend monthly meeting.
- Community Service: Plans, coordinates, facilitates and evaluates projects and activities that address the school’s mission of teaching compassion. Examples: School Supply Share Project in September, Food Drive for Food Bank in November, Giving Tree Project in December.
- Field & Grounds (Front): Maintains the garden in front of the school. Recurring tasks include: weeding, pruning, spreading mulch, deadheading flowers, watering, edging, planting, thinning and dividing plants. The tasks with an asterisk by them are more easily done with a group of people, while the others can be done at any time. The tasks requiring a group will meet once in the fall and in the spring.
- Field & Grounds (Back): Coordinates field maintenance, mowing, seeding, fertilizing and watering for athletic field; arranges for mowing contractor; manages irrigation system (prevents over or under watering); contracts irrigation contractor for repairs.
- Hospitality: Coordinates with VP Programs for refreshment needs for PTA Meetings. Volunteers are needed to help prepare food and/or serve food at monthly meetings.
- Legislative: Monitors local and state public initiatives and mobilizes the Fox PTA to respond to these initiatives; monitors advisory committees (i.e., Special Education Advisory Committee) to the local school board and the General Assembly’ serves as a resources to the School Board, City Council and General Assembly representatives meeting with them on a regular basis; examines successful, creative initiatives undertaken in other jurisdictions that might serve as a model for Richmond Public Schools and Fox.
- Strawberry Street Festival: Coordinates the largest volunteer fundraising event at the school; held each may, the Saturday before Mother’s Day. Over 25 sub-committees plan the event (see the Strawberry Street section) and over 300 volunteers are needed the day of the event to staff booths, games, rides, grills and more.
- Volunteer Coordinator: Coordinates volunteer needs for Fundraising Committee events, Hospitality Committee and other school events. This does not include coordinating volunteers for Strawberry Street Festival.
- Volunteer Pamphlet: Updates pamphlet annually; coordinates with PTA President and committee chairs; updates Fundraising Events calendar; coordinates with Directory chair the publishing of the pamphlet in the Directory.